A blog about writing . . . and a lot of other things

Friday, December 7, 2012

Photo Shoot Attempt

It's been years since we sent Christmas cards that have pictures with them.  In fact, I think we've missed sending them altogether for most of the last five years, and we haven't had professional pictures done since the kids were potty trained.

This year I was determined to send photo Christmas cards.  The kids have gotten older, but more importantly, I've gotten thinner!  We need to immortalize it before I gain that 75 pounds back.

But I'm too cheap to get professional pictures done and too lazy to learn photography, so today when Isaac got home from school I made the kids do all kinds of stupid poses with the family.  Isaac was a good sport.  Mindy kept slipping away to call and report us to child services.

Here for your viewing pleasure are the photos that didn't make the cut.  Please, do not post to tell me that these are bad.  I know that they're bad.  That's the point.

Enjoy!

There are so many things wrong with this picture.  I'm barely in the shot.  Mindy looks bored.  Jacob looks inspired.  Isaac looks pained.  It's awful.

This is set up a little better, but how cheesy can you get?  Mindy is right to look skeptical of the staged absurdity.
This should be on awkwardfamilyphotos.com.
Oh, and notice that Jacob's expression hasn't changed.  His expression never changes!

Oops.  I missed.


Again, I think Mindy has the right idea here.

This might have been nice, except . . .
To his credit, he had been incredibly patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment