A blog about writing . . . and a lot of other things

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Unexpected in March

My daughter is throwing snowballs at my office window, and it's March 22nd.

The kids have a snow day today, which adds another day to their extremely lengthy spring break.  They already had their spring break extended by one day because the freeway is being shut down.  That was extending what had already become a two-week holiday due to budget reduction days.

My kids have twelve days of school off for spring break.  Twelve!  With weekends, that is eighteen days!

I weep for the future of our country.  Our kids barely go to school.

And climate change has turned out to be much colder than anticipated if we're getting several inches of snow for spring break.  Forecast for tomorrow: freezing fog.

Mindy posing with her lovely snowman. 
Am I rambling about the weather in a blog post?  Why, yes, I am.  I've been embarrassingly lax with my blog and haven't posted for a month.  Consequently, I have to post something, no matter how inane.  Let's see if I can make it more serious.

I told my son he had to build me a snowman, and he went outside and kicked snow around instead.

I weep for the future of our country.  Our kids don't want to build snowmen.

But fear not!  My daughter, in the footsteps of great women throughout history, braved the snow flying from her brother's boots and built a snowman on her own!  The nation will survive as long as plucky young women continue to fight against all odds to preserve our nation's greatness.

Did I manage to infuse this blog posting with real meaning and value to society?  Nope.  Still just me blogging because I said I would, regardless of whether I had something to say.

But isn't that really what blogging is all about?




No comments:

Post a Comment